Crown Your Way To Healthier Teeth.
We desire for our patients to have a healthy smile that goes beyond just aesthetics. Sometimes, achieving health also means taking preventative measures by protecting existing teeth from damage caused by other issues. Dental crowns are a tool in dentistry that allows us to keep our patients’ smiles healthy. A dental crown is a fixed overlay prosthetic designed to mimic the appearance of a tooth. When the crown is positioned over your existing tooth, it serves as a cap to completely encase the outer portion to protect or restore it. Crowns can be made of porcelain, ceramic, gold, metal, or acrylic. For a natural appearance, porcelain and ceramic crowns are recommended to match the color of your existing teeth.
WHY YOU MAY NEED A DENTAL CROWN:
- Keep a broken, cracked, or weakened tooth in place
- Support a tooth with a large filling if there is only a small portion of the tooth remaining
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Improve the cosmetic appearance of a tooth
- Cover a tooth that has undergone a root canal or dental implant